Sunday, April 14, 2019

Event

I think the Kahoot would be a good engaging starter for our event especially if we have some sort of prize incentive for either the person who wins overall or the top 3 winners either-or. For storytelling we can talk about stories/myths we've heard that interest us and make our audience leave with something to "wonder" about. For example I would talk about the belief about aliens and the time I encountered a UFO once in Ludowici, Georgia. I think we should use the first picture somewhere in our event because we have been discussing the concepts of pop culture and religion throughout the course, so we can talk with people about what we know about pop culture and if they even knows what popular culture is. The second photo with the Buddha man made me think back to when we were discussing sacred objects and how just because you buy a religious artifact or something in a shopping store doesn't mean that it's still not sacred; you just have to worship and believe that it is.


Image result for superheroes and religion
Image result for religious artifacts cheap

1 comment:

  1. Interesting! I love both photos, and I agree, we should include some aspect of pop culture in our event. For the Kahoot, I think the prizes for the winners are ok, but we want to make sure it doesn't get too competitive and loose the focus of our event. We want to engage the audience so that they can learn while having fun, not just focus on "winning" or getting a prize.

    ReplyDelete