Sunday, February 17, 2019

Rel Con Ideas

I believe in order to make this Rel-Con activity prosper, we have to start early on informing people what we are trying to do and what point we are trying to get across. By informing I mean get our message out to people either at the school or in the community to come out and participate in the event we are trying to have. Speaking for myself, I have to be reminded a few times about a specific event if I decided to attend it, so we should keep spreading the word around so people don't forget to come out and participate.We can spread info though AU emails, facebook, snapchat, and whatever other social media platforms. Also when we send out the flyers, we need something to catch the audience's attention like the words "FREE FOOD" or "PRIZES" because people aren't going to want to come out if it's not some type of incentive that they'll get or win. We would also want to make it known that even though it's a religion class, you don't have to be apart of a religion to attend the event.

While hosting the event, we can have several different areas that talks and engage with the audience about the different things we have discussed in class. If we was to do this, for example I would talk about how we talked in class about how anything can be a sacred object if you worship it. To start it off just how John presented several items on the table, we would then ask people if they would consider something to be an sacred object why or why not? I feel it's better to engage the audience instead of just hitting them with facts because for me I am easily distracted and I easily get bored when someone is just talking and stating facts, but if the flow of the discussion turns into an intriguing conversation then they will not only have a good experience, but they might also learn something that could help them later in life. You also have to distinguish the fact that you can still worship something without being apart of a religious community.

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate your ideas, AJ! And I think you're right -- we need to start publicizing very soon after spring break.

    ReplyDelete