Sunday, March 17, 2019

The messages within The Walking Dead

The Messages Within The Walking Dead
Diamond Allen


            After seeing my classmates presentations I realized that religion is apart of every show and movie. Even the topic I presented in class shows that even though you may not see religion right then and there, there's always underlying religious messages in movies and TV shows. I really found Aj's presentation on The Walking Dead interesting. His presentation on The Walking Dead made me look at religion/ God in a more supernatural point of view. The clip when the pastor broke down crying because he knew what he did was wrong, and not the christian way of going about the situation regardless the outcome. This made me think back on how people in today’s society tend to lose their minds and become “lost” when they're afraid. When I say lost, I mean that people take off their God given glasses to walk down his path, and put on their human glasses causing them to take actions in fear without using prayer as a guidance tool for help.
I am a big fan of zombie movies, and I thought about the question AJ posed to us in class when he asked “What would I do if I were in the pastors shoes?” This question was really tough for me because the Godly thing to do would be to help the families try to escape, but also helping these families try to escape would result in everyone dying including me. In a way I look at the situation as telling you to pick your sin and live or die with it. I say this because me knowing if I help these families, I’m basically committing suicide because if I go help I’m going to die right along with them, and it says in the bible that suicide is an automatic ticket to hell. But not helping the families and watch and hear them scream as the zombies tear them apart would remain on your conscious forever not knowing if you could’ve did something to help instead of being fearful and selfish. Living in a world like that though I might just have to let the families die because if I die, I won’t be able to help fight and try to find a cure for the disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment