Group blog of REL 2810: "Superheroes and the Supernatural" at Aurora University, Spring 2019. Opinions expressed on this blog are those of the individual authors and do not represent the views of Aurora University, its faculty, administrators, or trustees.
Sunday, March 17, 2019
Justice Theme in The Punisher (and It's Relation to Jesus)
While watching the presentations presented in class over the last week, I heard so many things about each work of media that I had never thought about before, or simply thought was a pretty interesting take, but the one thing that stood out to me the most was Diamond's take on The Punisher (Netflix.)
I really found it insightful how she came up with a connection between The Punisher's form of quick Justice and Jesus's form of belated eternal justice.
Before seeing her presentation I'm not exactly sure how I would have related Jesus to such a violent character, but afterward, I could see the relation. (If I came out of this with the right assumptions of what she was getting at with her presentation)
I think the idea that some people would rather have a Jesus who provides quick judgment/punishment for their actions is pretty spot on. It definitely gave me something to think about.
The presentation, as well as some of the other ones in the class, also made me feel as if every movie/show about somebody who enacts justice, or about a vigilante character could be related to Jesus and religion in general in some way or another.
All in all, I think that the analysis of the film was overall interesting and thought-provoking.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment