Thursday, March 28, 2019

reflection on presentation

During spring break we were all given the assignment to create a presentation about a piece of pop culture and how it relates to religion. After hearing everyone's presentation it made me realize that religion is present in almost anything! The one presentation I really enjoyed was Colleen's about the film Mother!. This was the one movie I personally have never heard of and became very interested in watching after she told us about it. I am not a person who willingly watches films in the horror genre, but I really became interested in this movie. Her movie had direct ties with the Bible and every character in the movie was related to a person from the Bible. I really liked that Colleen researched how the director intended to relate the film and also inserted her own thoughts on how it was related to religion. The way Him was directly related to God and Veronica was the mother of Christ and the poem was the Bible and told stories. People would come and visit just like they would when Jesus was born. The movie had so many religious connects it really makes you think. Colleen's presentation was very interesting and made me want to engage with her film even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment