Sunday, March 31, 2019

C2E2



         When reading about C2E2 I saw a few interesting things on the chicago tribune that had caught my attention was some of their focus on race, gender, and just overall diversity in the community. I realized that C2E2 isn't just based on showing off comics and showing off costumes like movies portray them, it's about coming together as one and sending out positive messages.

          I like how diversity is brought up on the website and how diversity is show in general among the audiences who were there and those who couldn't physically be there. It was highlighted near the end of the chicago tribune post that they really showed a lot of diversity in comics now then they ever had. As they stated on the website, there has been an increase of comics that are now centered around people of color. These comics would include spider into the spider verse, and Blank panther which is based around people of color.

          I previously went onto the website to get a better feel and understanding of the event and I can tell that they put a lot of effort into their advertising. As you're scrolling down the website you can tell that they strategy to set up the website and the design. I think the moving images helped in their attempt to attract people and that worked.


           They have many different kinds of guests from comic guests, entertainment guests, gaming guests, and Literary guests. Some guests that are going to be there are actors from clueless, blacklist, scrubs, ant-man, and marvels agent of shield.

            I also didn't see that much press coverage. I know this is a big event but the way it's advertised on the website was very lowkey and calm. I've seen other websites go even further for small events. But when you think about it, it's already so important that they don't have to go to the extreme to bring people in. I appreciate how they didn't go overboard with the advertising. It was very appealing to the eyes and made you want to delve deeper into what the event was about.

1 comment:

  1. I like your observations, Diamond! Thank you!

    What purposes does diversity in media serve? It seems like here it serves the purpose at least of giving lots of different people with lots of different interests a way to enjoy themselves. But there's more to it than that.

    It would be interesting to connect this with Rebecca's reflections about inclusion of individuals with disabilities.

    Our culture both speaks to our actual experiences AND shapes those experiences. How can we take that principle, and apply it to C2E2? To religions?

    ReplyDelete