These books were, well, weird. They were genuinely gory and terrifying to young children, but we devoured them anyway. I'm looking forward to our discussion of Freud's notion of "uncanny" later this semester so that we can consider what it is that makes horror stories a genuinely attractive way to work out our fears.
Group blog of REL 2810: "Superheroes and the Supernatural" at Aurora University, Spring 2019. Opinions expressed on this blog are those of the individual authors and do not represent the views of Aurora University, its faculty, administrators, or trustees.
Wednesday, February 6, 2019
A Nightmare from My Past
I just learned that director Guillermo Del Toro is releasing a horror anthology movie based on the books I was read in middle school, Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark. Maybe you, too, remember a Scholastic "book wagon" in your school? Yeah, that was the blast from the past I got from this article.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment